Washington State University is ranked among the nation's top research universities, according to U.S. News and World Report. CEA prepares master's and doctoral candidates with high standards of scholarship and scientific inquiry, interdisciplinary study and team approaches.
The School of the Environment offers graduate programs of study leading to:
- Master of Science in Geology
- Master of Science in Environmental Science
- Master of Science in Natural Resource Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Geology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences
- WSU-Vancouver Environmental Science MS and PhD programs
Geology Graduate Program shares teaching and research activities with the Department of Geological Sciences at University of Idaho.Environmental Science Graduate Program is associated with the Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources, Laboratory for Atmospheric Research, State of Washington Water Research Center, Social and Economic Sciences Research Center, and other research units.
Natural Resource Science Graduate Program provides students with advanced education in the principles and applications of natural resource sciences with an emphasis on research-derived education. This degree requires original research leading to a dissertation, and coursework supporting desired competence in five areas of advanced knowledge:
- Research Methods
- Issues and Ethics
- Interdisciplinary Cognizance
- Subject Area of Doctoral Research.
You may refer to our faculty pages to find current projects and publications collaborated with graducate students.
Dr. John Wolff
Associate Director of Graduate Programs
Student Services Manager